Wednesday 14 October 2009

Basement Jaxx: Adam Ant Inspiration Felix Buxton reveals


Basement Jaxx returning dance giants have revealed their childhood love of Adam and the Ants.
Basement Jaxx began life as a group of DJs on London's always bustling dance scene. The turntablists quickly realised that they knew their dancefloor better than anyone and began crafting their own tracks.
Chart stardom followed before the duo decided to take a short break. This year with a new album returning, Basement Jaxx stunned fans with a series of sizzling festivals at RockNess and beyond.
Releasing 'Scars' towards the end of the summer Basement Jaxx topped a sensational comeback with more chart success. However in a new interview the band have revealed their childhood love of another chart star - Adam Ant.
"I was a massive Adam and the Ants fan until they got too silly and camp" Felix Buxton told Pitchfork. "But 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' was actually cool and tribal. He's got the great line in that song: "I feel beneath the white there is a red skin suffering from centuries of taming." I thought he was a real wild boy trapped in civilized society."
"I related to that growing up whenever I used to play cowboys and Indians I always thought the Indians were the cool ones."
The Basement Jaxx producer also revealed that he retains an admiration for The Police. "I was trying to work out which tribe I belonged to and I finally realized that I didn't belong in any of them, exactly."
"But I did like the Police because my sister's friend drew footages of them and I had these hand drawn pictures on my bedroom wall. I used to try and sing like Sting I could sound pretty much like him on a few songs because my voice hadn't broken yet. At this point, it's very uncool to like Sting because he's so pretentious. He's annoying but talented."

No comments:

Post a Comment